Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a whirlwind of a weekend!  I'm pooped!

Wed. night Drew wasn't feeling so great so Andrew and I watched the Lion King and then stayed up talking over chocolate milk until midnight!  He's such a little chatter box and what am I supposed to say when he tells me, "I don't get to talk to you when I'm in TN very much so can we stay up just a little bit longer."  Of course I think he's already learning how to manipulate "the system" where ever he is, which I guess most kids of blended families do at some point, I try to keep my guard up but that night I let him slide and we stayed up chatting.  I love catching up on his friends, what's going on in school, his new likes or dislikes, and whatever else he wants to tell me.


Thanksgiving was great.  Of course the food was wonderful, Drew's tenderloin was perfect.  We had a small group for lunch: Mimi, Freddie, Aunt Erin, and Mama Day.  My sister and nieces came by for dessert that afternoon, where Andrew discovered he like sweet potato pie. His Daddy was very pleased. :)






Friday we went to watch the Tigers play!  In the stadium Andrew held his hands over his ears the entire first half.  "This is the loudest thing my ears have ever heard!"  And I must admit that Tiger stadium was the loudest I've heard it in a very long time.  So we left just after half time and watched the rest of the game at Chili's, with a vow to remind Andrew when he's begging us to go to the games about this day, when he wanted to leave early during the last home game when the Tigers were undefeated because it was "too loud!"  ;)

 My favorite Tiger fans.

Saturday was birthday party day for Andrew!  It was a yucky day outside so we canceled the spacewalk and after the pizza party at our house we took the kids to see a movie or Andrew's choice, The Muppets.  (Aunt Erin and I were secretly hoping he would pick the Muppets!)  It was pretty hilarious and very Muppet-esque.  As we were leaving the theater Andrew turned and said "This was a great birthday for me!"  He loved the movie, he sang the closing song the rest of the afternoon. :) 

 
 Good morning presents, who doesn't love those?!

 Mmmm, mmmM.  Love that face.





 Now there are some handsome Andrews.

 Birthday kisses.

 Carrie Addis!

 The boys:  Brady, Andrew, Triston, & Cole

 Andrew's reaction to Battleship, lol!

 And to Wii Monopoly!


 Make a wish!

On Andrew's last night at home we let him sleep with us, it's become a tradition.  As our bed filled up with a Daddy, a Do-Da, a puppy, and a seven year old little I thought, I couldn't wish for much more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment