Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

So like I said I've been down with the funk for the last three days.  I stayed home sick from work Monday, made myself go to work on Tuesday and my co-workers pretty much told me not to come back until I was well. I'm guessing I looked as bad as I felt, so today Jax and I both had our shots...not at the same place of course! Jax had his second set of shots and I got my most favorite shot ever, the steroid shot.  I've been Speedy Gonzales-ing around the house ever since and I probably won't get much sleep tonight...or at least I usually can't sleep after a steroid shot and Drew says I haven't shut up since either, so if I run a few rabbits in this blog I apologized.  "Blame it on the dru-u-u-u-gs." 


Ok, so on this cool, crisp (finally) Thanksgiving Eve I am thankful for so many things.  Some big, some small, and some only I could be thankful for but nonetheless I am indeed grateful for it all.

  • My main man, Andrew.  When he came skipping through the door last night I couldn't believe how much he's changed in a month.  His torso is catching up with his legs, his face is a little rounder, his snaggle tooth smile isn't so snaggly, but what has changed the most is his hair color.  It's the darkest I've ever seen it, even his eyebrows are brown!  His hair always gets lighter in the summer, but this fall his hair has definitely crossed over to the dark side.  Which, to me, makes him look even more like his Daddy Day-o.  I do believe he will fit the description of "tall, dark, and handsome" to a T!  We had a great day today.  We work on phonics, took care of Jax, his cousin Cole(d) came to play, made his Daddy a sweet potato pie, and made place cards for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
My dark eyebrowed cutie pie!


 Working on his short vowel sounds.

 Cole helping Andrew out with his Christmas list to Santa.
(I forgot I drank thank Mt. Dew probably not the best idea.)

 An artist at work.  :)
  • Big slabs of juicy beef.  My hubs doesn't like your traditional holiday proteins of turkey and ham, so when we do holidays at our house you can almost bet you'll get a delicious piece of beef...I mean it is what's for dinner.  So I scored a fine tenderloin from a local butcher and my personal chef is going to have it tasting o-so-right.


Seasoned with olive oil, fresh garlic, rosemary, and wrapped in bacon. ............................
sorry a drop of drool jammed my keyboard. ;)  I'll save the rest of the menu for tomorrow.

  • A reason to set the table.  My how my tune has changed.  My Dad would always make us set the table of Sunday lunch and I hated it, ever second of it.  I would peruse the kitchen scoping out every dish trying to limit the silverware down to the bare essentials.  But then Dad would walk through and ask, "Where's the spoons?", even though not a single dish needed a spoon for consumption!  Ew, I can still see myself rolling my eyes.  But now I love setting my table, so what if it's only because I want to use my fine silver or my Maw Maw Nita's china.  I mean a fine meal shouldn't be eaten off of a paper plate, the cooks' creations deserve some respect!  Okay, all that said my table is all ready to go for tomorrow!  We all had a hand in dressing it up for a great Thanksgiving meal.

 Thanks to my man for cutting my gourds to fit a tea light.

 My favorite, is of course the place cards Andrew made for each of us.

  Ta-Da!  Simple, yet very Thanksgivingish.
  • The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Oh my gosh I can't wait!  I'll be up at 6am to get my yeast rolls     a-rising and then I'll be counting down until the start of the parade!  My bucket list definitely includes going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  Hmmm....maybe I should do that for my 30th Birthday, then Andrew could go too.  I wonder if I could talk my folks into going also?!
Welp, I'm being pulled on to go watch the Lion King, I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!  

Count your blessings, name them one by one. 
Count your many blessings, see what God has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment