Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Project: Day 22

Today I am thankful for:

  • My Mama.  It's her birthday today!  I love her so much and I am so thankful I was blessed with a mom that loves and cares for me in a way that God intended parents to love their children.  So many people have moms who are selfish and put themselves before their children in many different manners.  I am so thankful for the relationship I have with my mom today.  I can't imagine not having her as an intricate part of my support system or my everyday life.  No one can take the place of your own mother, as a stepmama I know this all too well!  No matter what, I know I can always call her and she'll be where ever I need her to be.
  • Commercial airlines.  Drew is flying to Nashville to pick up our little man today!  Can I get a Whooo Hoooo!  The weather is pretty nasty here so I'm grateful that they will be flying commercially.  And it's only an hour flight which is much easier on Andrew and on us.  Let's face it the drive b/t here and there blows, especially with a little boy who gets car sick.  "My belly huuuuurrrts!"  Poor baby.  I'll be glad when Andrew is old enough to ride in the front seat for our car trips, which hopefully will be few and far in between since our plane will be ready for flight in two weeks! 
  •  Rue La La.  Once again I must verbalized my gratitude for this website.  I have done a lot of Christmas shopping on Rue La La this year and I'm pretty excited about giving all of my great buys to all of my favorite people!
  • Afrin nasal spray.  Drew and I have both had a terrible cold.  Drew had it last week and now I have it.  Without this stuff I just don't think I would have made it through the day!  Here's hoping Andrew doesn't catch it, cause Lord knows I won't be able to stay away from all his cuteness.  I've been taking antibiotics, poly-vent, mucinex, and about 1000 mgs of vitamin C since Saturday so hopefully I'm over the worst of it.  I'm sure a few of your prayers couldn't hurt either, please and thank you!  For all you organic chemistry lovers out there, heres the chloromethylation reaction and further transformtion with ethylene diamine which gives you oxymetazoline, the active ingredient in Afrin.   

Yes I did look it up and yes I am a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment