Monday, November 7, 2011

Day Five and Six of the Thankful Project

So I'm a little behind on my blogging but I made a mental note of the things I was thankful for over the weekend.  Here we go!

Day 5, Saturday

-The "W."  That's right the big W-I-N over Bama Saturday night!  Was that not the most gut wrenching, nail biting football game you've ever seen?!  I-dee-clare!!  Along with the "W,"  I'm thankful for school/team pride, the women of Louisiana demonstrated while shopping in Canton.  A random "Geaux Tigers" could heard throughout the day and anyone wearing a hounds-tooth pattern was immediately offered up as "Tiger Bait" by anyone wearing purple and gold.  Congrats to our Tigers, to Les Miles, and to the rest of the LSU coaching staff!

 We knew we would see the "Keep Calm and Carry On" signs all over Canton, so we figured it would be funny to jump on the bandwagon and wear these while we shopped.

-My sister Stacie.  Her birthday was Saturday as well.  The big 42!  I am so glad we were able to spend her birthday with my Mom and my sister Paula.  It's so much fun when we all get together, all of our personalities come out, we relax, and just be sisters and daughters instead of the many roles we fulfill on a daily basis.

Day 6, Sunday

-Home.  I was so glad to get home to my husbie, my bed, and to get our new household addition settled in. 

-My Mama's pumpkin pie.  My pie somehow managed to make it though the weekend without my sisters devouring it.  I shared my first piece with Drew and a cold glass of milk, I'm pretty positive it's the best pumpkin pie my Mom has ever made...ever.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment