Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Days Eight & Nine of the Thankful Project

Day Eight
  • Yesterday I received my (our) first time home buyer tax credit in the mail so I of course was thankful for that! Which in turn reminded me of how lucky I am to have a beautiful home.  I am so blessed.
  • Wood floors!  Now that we are house training a puppy, I'm even more thankful for my real wood floors (not that cheap-o laminated stuff either, yuck).  Jax hasn't had too many accidents (knock on..uh...wood) but our cypress floors make for easy clean up.
Day Nine
  • My Husband.  We are a great team!  We (Jax included) have spent the last two afternoons landscaping a couple of spec homes he built in Walker.  We can pretty much read each others' minds, before I can put my thoughts into words Drew is already visualizing the same idea.  I'm pretty good at anticipating the next move he's going to make, so we get things done efficiently and with the quickness. :)  Reminds me of watching my Mom and Dad at work around our house.
  • Thanksgiving.  We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year and I'm pretty excited about it.  I look forward to this holiday so much more now that I have a family of my own.  The older I get the more blessed I feel and Thanksgiving gives us a whole day to just be thankful for those blessings and our families.  Plus I can't wait to see my Bud and celebrate his SEVENTH birthday!  (Holy Moly it seems like we just celebrated his 2nd birthday, where does it go?!)  I don't like mixing my holidays either, as in Christmas and Thanksgiving.  It seems like every year the Christmas decor hits the shelves a little earlier and the Christmas music hits the air waves the middle of November!  Give Turkey Day a break, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment