Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day Two of Project Thankful

Today I am most thankful for laughter. 

Laughter has brought me back from the brink on my darkest days.  There are those moments of the most severe heartbreaks that you just think your soul will never recover from the pain and then you laugh.  Not just a slight snicker either I'm talking that laugh that wakes you up and makes you realize that everything's gonna be a-okay.  Even a simple bad day can be completely turned around with a good laugh.  

Laughter gives us distance.  It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.  ~Bob Newhart

I love hearing other people laugh too, you know that laugh that only they can make.  There are quite a few laughs in my life that light up my day just by hearing them: my sister Stacies', Willie's, Andrew's, my Dad's, and my husband's.  Their laughs are so unique and some of them like my Dad's and Drew's only happen when something is really, truly funny to them. 

What makes you laugh a laugh that makes the world seem a little brighter and your problems a little lighter?

Today I laughed out loud at this picture,

 via

There were quite a few things that went through my head when I first saw it.
First, the most obvious, "How did he get in that precarious situation?"
Second, "What was he after?"
And finally the thought that had me laughing out loud, "His mom totally left him there to get her camera and take this shot!"  I love his mom for that!  

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.  ~Yiddish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment