Thursday, December 1, 2011

December First

Finally it's December!  I love the month of December and I'll tell you why.

  • It's my birthday month and I'll cry if I want to!  All sorts of cool people (besides myself of course) were born during this month.  Like Bette Midler, Gianni Versace, Jazy-Z, Tyra Banks, Walt Disney, Jesus (okay so maybe He wasn't really born in December but He still counts), Bobby Flay, Emily Dickinson, Frank Sinatra, Taylor Swift, Dick Van Dyke (they were both born on my birthday), Nostradamus, Jane Austen, Beethoven, Diane Sawyer....the list goes on.  We're pretty creative people you know us Sagittarius.  We are goal oriented, optimistic, intellectual, and good-natured.
  • It's officially time to start decorating for Christmas at my house!  We're going to get our tree on Saturday after we finish up our Christmas shopping.  Oh yes I did say "finish up!"  I did a lot of online shopping this year, so I have a few more things to get and then the wrapping of gifts will begin!  (I secretly hate to wrap presents so my husband, who spent a few Christmases gift wrapping boxes at Buckle and can wrap gifts like a little elf, wraps and then I decorate.)  It's pretty much how we do most things, as a team.
  • Tomorrow is the Festival of Lights Downtown.  Ever since I was little my parents would drive all over town just so I would see Christmas lights.  Drew has taken over that role pretty well, the only thing missing is my Mom's hot chocolate when we get home.  So tomorrow night we'll mosey on downtown to look at the lights and then eat at Little Village.  Oh. My. Gosh. So. Good.
  • I love getting Christmas cards and it's not like you can send those in April.  Although it would be pretty funny.  I've already gotten a few and they light up my day.  I can't wait to send ours out this year.  Which reminds me I gotta get some stamps!  Buying stamps, by the way, is right up there with getting gas on my "Things I Dislike" list.
  • December is the only month in which Ugly Sweater Parties are a GREAT idea.  Our friends Latham & Audrey are hosting one this year.  Drew and I were so pumped.  We have our own competition going on who's sweater is the ugliest.  Mine wins hands down, it's holiday hideous.  I can't wait to post pics from the shin-dig.
  • Winter weather.  So it's supposed to be in the 70s here over the weekend but earlier this week is was in the 30s at night and I am so loving it!  I love cold weather because that means boots, scarves, tights, sweaters, and cute coats.
  • And finally the most obvious reason I love December is Christmas!  But who doesn't love Christmas.  I love giving gifts, especially those that I think are just perfect for the receiver.  My family are the best gift openers ever!  We squeal, and we gasp, and we clap our hands, and we give out hugs, and thank yous like there's no tomorrow.  You know, people who don't get excited about getting a gift or those who no matter what will find something to complain about really erk me.  They just total kill my gift-giving buzz.  So don't be a buzz kill, be thankful that someone thought of you, spent time picking something out, and spent their hard earned money!
I hope you all have a wonderful December, I know I will.  I'll leave you with our 2011 Christmas picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment