Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What an Amazing Christmas

This Christmas was one of the best ever and definitely THE best of my adult life. 

Here are some of the reasons why:
  • Our first Christmas together as husband & wife. :)
  • Little Andrew was here to spend it with us, nothing could make Christmas better than the bright eyes and laughter of this little boy.
  • Santa Cookies.  Aunt Erin, Maw T, and I decorated sugar cookies with Andrew, Molly, and Beau- it was so much fun.  Andrew loves spending time with his family, especially family his age.
  • My parents!  I am so blessed to have parents like mine.  They stayed with us and were here to see Andrew open his gifts from Santa.  Andrew cried when he woke up and found that Maw T and Paw Paw had gone back to OK. :(  Thank goodness Maw T left him a note, it's now hanging on his magnet board, "So I can remember them. "  He has a heart of cotton candy!
  • My Mama's homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast Christmas morning.
  • Santa coming to Mama Day's Christmas Eve gathering.  Syd's hubby Brian has by far been the best Santa yet!
  • Chicken & Dumplings!  They were a big hit at Mama Day's, thanks Mom!
  • Mama Day.  When the eldest member of a family tells you you're a wonderful addition to her family and an answer to her prayers for her grandson & great grandson, it will definitely make your cheeks blush.  She made my night! :)
  • Mimi's stockings.  They are the best, yes even better than Santa's! ;)
  • Christmas Lunch.  Drew and I hosted and I must say, Drew's Prime Rib turned out A-MAZING!  (Even though the fire went out in the wee hours of the morning, and I fussed at him!)  It was so great to have our families sit down together and enjoy a fabulous meal under our roof. 
  • Blessings were abundant.  God has given us so much to be thankful for and this Christmas reitterated just how blessed our family truly is.
Don't worry I have plenty of pictures to post...all taken with my new Cannon EOS Rebel camera!  Thanks my love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment