Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Hug in a Mug

That's what my Mama's hot chocolate taste like, add some fried toast for dipping and no matter how cold it may be outside you'll feel "warm as toast" from the inside out!  I thought I'd share her recipe.

1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of Hershey's Cocoa
Dash of salt
1/3 cup of hot water
4 cups of milk
1/2 can of evaporated milk
3/4 tsp of vanilla extract
-Mix sugar, cocoa, salt with water in saucepan
-Cook while stirring continuously over medium heat until mixture boils, boil and stir for 2 minutes
-Stir in milks and heat. DO NOT BOIL
-Remove from heat, add vanilla

Drew likes his with Gingerbread marsh-mellows and I like mine with fried toast!

Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.
~Minna Thomas Antrim

No comments:

Post a Comment