Monday, December 6, 2010

Sad Goodbyes and Letters to Santa

Our trip taking Andrew back to TN turn out to be quite an eventful one.  The morning started off with Andrew crying huge crocodile tears while we were packing his stuff and getting him dressed for his trip back.  It was pitiful and heartbreaking.  He just kept saying, "I want to stay 3 more days, please let me stay 3 more days Daddy."  It was so bad Drew had to walk outside while I finished getting our Bud dressed.  It's kills us both when we have to say goodbye to our littlest love and normally Drew is the strong one, but this time was especially hard on Drew.  And telling Andrew he had to go to school the next day just wasn't a good enough excuse for him to go home.  I'll be glad when he has a better concept of time and our schedule...maybe then it'll be easier on him, but I know it'll never be easier for us.  He bawled from the time he woke up until we got on the interstate in Walker.  We stopped for gas and I picked up a Sunday paper so that Andrew and I could look through the toy ads to help him write his Christmas list.  This seemed to do the trick as far as taking his mind off of things.

 The Santa paper Andrew and I printed out the night before.

 Bud circling plenty of toys for Santa to bring!


 
Adding his "John Hancock"

 What a great list!

 Addressed to Kris Kringle himself!

 I told Andrew that I would hand deliver his letter to John, his Elf on the Shelf, so that he could bring it to the North Pole that very night.  

That night John disappeared and did not return...a few days later he turned up at Andrew's house in Lebanon, TN!  Sneaky little elves! ;)

Once his letter was all ready to send to Santa, Andrew started complaining about his tummy hurting.  I crawled back into the back seat so I could rub his belly.  Hoping he just needed to potty we pulled off at the next exit- no luck going to the potty.  So we drove for about another 20 mins. and then Andrew said he really did have to go potty.  He pottyed and then said he needed "some real food like Subway" poor kid thinks fast food is real food!  He ate a whole Subway sandwich and seemed to be feeling a little better so I crawled back into the front seat.  Another bout of stomach pains started and I was summoned back into the back seat to assume the belly rubbing exercises. :)  After a few minutes of that Andrew announced, "Brooke, I think I need to frow-up!"  I immediately started dumping Pokemon toys out of Andrew's book-sack and just in time too!  Bless his heart, he was such a trooper and his Daddy had to drive with his head out the window to keep from following in Andrew's footsteps.  Men.  (insert eye roll)  After his throwing up episode he was a different little boy.  We played Pokemon cards until we reached Meridian.  When we got to the McDonald's we meet at Andrew wanted us to eat lunch with him, which made our day.  He just wasn't quite ready to let us out of his sight.  He asked us how many days until he could come back and we've been counting down ever since.  

We can't wait for our little boy to be back in our arms!  Only 12 more days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment