Friday, December 10, 2010

A Night of Celebration

Tonight my husband is planning a night of celebration for us!  We have so many things to be thankful for in general but tonight we are celebrating a few specific things:  My birthday!  I'll be 28 on Monday.  I can't hardly believe it, it feels like I just graduated from LSU yesterday.  Age is just a number and so far I still look forward to my own birthdays- I may change my position on this when I turn 30 though! :)  My promotion!  I think Drew may have been more excited about my new job than I was.  He loves success, successful people, and is always happy for those who achieve their goals.  When I think I can't do something Drew is my own personal cheerleader/coach/motivational speaker.  I wouldn't want to share my own success with anyone else.  Our marriage!  We have been married two months today!  It actually seems longer than that to me.  I guess because we've been so busy, it seems like Las Vegas was a long time ago.  Our relationship has evolved so much since we first met, he makes me happy everyday.  Sometimes not all day but definitely everyday I smile just because of him.

 Drew won't tell me where we're going or what we're doing.  We are the exact opposite when it comes to surprises:  Drew loves them and loves to plan them.  Me, I'll become a private investigator to find out any type of surprise and I'm terrible at keeping them!  Last Christmas, we live in the condo so Drew didn't have very many places to hide my presents.  Stockings are our favorite part of Christmas so after Santa Drew stuffed it he sewed it up!  Yes, he sewed it up with string so that I couldn't look inside!  He knows me too well!  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment