Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Ingredients:

-Cookie dough, made by the family baker. 
 -Lots of cookie cutters in Christmas shapes.  The best ones are the ones passed down from generation to generation.  Erin has her Maw Maw's Christmas cookie cutters and they were our favorites. 


-Once baked allow them to cool overnight.  I recommend planning a slumber party for the decorators!

 Andrew, Beau, and Molly took over the "Man Cave," just for the night. :)

-Lots of sprinkles, icing, and TLC!




I think we need out own cooking show, don't you?!


They did a great job and had a blast!  Kids are definitely God's best gift!

 I think Santa is going to love them!

Our Bud on Christmas Eve with Santa's cookies!


Brooke's Tid-Bits:
As I started this blog I wondered, "Why do we leave cookies for Santa?"  I always figured Santa probably get pretty hungry making all those deliveries to good girls & boys.  So I turned to the smartest person I know for the answer:  Google.  And this is what I found:
"Leaving cookies for Santa Claus is a long-standing Christmas Eve tradition for children throughout the world. While the precise origins of this tradition are unknown, it may be related to the idea that children who have struggled to be on Santa's "nice" list all year are seeking to sweeten his disposition. At the same time, the largess of sharing cookies embodies the spirit of generosity so vital to the holiday season, and parents around the world sneak a late night snack so their children can delight in the few remaining crumbs on the plate the next morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment