Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spice Up Your Tuesday...

with a little salsa!

Drew and I share love for lots of things, and one of those things is salsa!  We planted our first garden this year with all of the ingredients for...you guessed it SALSA.  It's so much more fun to make when you can walk into your back yard and gather all of your ingredients, it just can't get much fresher than that.  If you don't have a garden of your own I recommend supporting your local farmers market or fruit stand for fresh produce. 

That said, I love corn and bean salsa too!  No we didn't plant corn this year but my sister has an awesome recipe and I thought I would share.  This salsa is bright and refreshing, I also recommend making it the night before you plan on eating it to allow the ingredients to marinate together.  Enjoy!


From the kitchen of Paula Gould:

1 can of black bean, rinsed
1 can of Shoepeg corn
2 1/2 TBS of olive oil
2 TBS of fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp of cumin
2-3 green onions chopped
3 chopped Roma tomatoes
1-2 jalapenos, no seeds 
1 clove garlic minced
cilantro to taste, this is one of my favorite herbs and easy to grow!
salt to taste



No comments:

Post a Comment