Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lovin' It

  • My Mama is here!  Oh my goodness, I was so excited when my Mama pulled into my driveway Friday afternoon!  There's just nothing like your own mother's hugs...and cooking!!  We cooked dinner for her Friday night, fried shrimp and oysters.  Saturday, was a girls day of brunch at Mason's Grill, shopping, then honey mustard chicken wraps for dinner.  Sunday...oh man...a whole smoked ham, chicken & dumplin's, homemade focaccia bread, and blueberry yogurt pie!  MMM-mmm-MMM!  My mom needs her own cooking show, seriously.
The Red Headed Paula Dean :)

  • My kitchen.  As my Mom and I cooked today I fell more in love with my kitchen.  It has the perfect ergonomic/working triangle layout.  Three people can each cook a dish at the same time with no problamo!  


 
  • My husband's spending sprees.  Last week I came home to two new purchases made by my husband:
 
 
As I tried on my new running shoes while Drew was setting up our iPad, I was trying to figure out what I had done to deserve such awesome sussies.  Then my amazing husband says, "Now the ipad is for work."  "Wait what?" I said. "You mean I can't blog, facebook, pin on Pinterest, play Angry Birds, or shop on Rue La La all day everyday from MY ipad?!"  "Nope, I bought it for work," says my husband.  So then I realized that my shoes were the "consolation" purchase of sorts.  Ew...he's too smart for his own good!  (But I love my shoes and my terrible knees love them even more! Plus I downloaded the Rue La La app and Angry Birds when he wasn't looking.) ;)-
 
  • My husband's hard work.  Saturday I took my Mom, sister, and niece to see the 7,300 square-foot(!) house Drew is building at the Country Club.  
I know right?! What a view from across the greens, this house sits on the ninth hole. (sigh)
Okay, okay I guess he can have the iPad for work...
  • Laughing out loud.  While pinning I'll see something that just makes me crack up laughing and Drew can't stand not to know what I'm laughing about, so he get's sucked into Pinterest and we end up with our heads together searching various topics of interests.
LOL!
  • My back porch frogs.  They live behind our porch stereo speakers, in the paper towels, and they love clinging to our back door.  They announce the coming afternoon showers with they're croaking, they come out to see what we're up to, and they eat tons of pesky mosquitoes. 

 
It has been an amazing weekend and of course it's gone by too quickly once again, but I hope you all are ready for the work week. Only five more days until the weekend begins again! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment