Monday, August 29, 2011

Miss You Monday

I miss my mornings with you.

On weekdays when I leave for work you are still fast asleep and you don't even know you are a big part of my morning routine.  Every morning before I leave I tip-toe into your room and I wonder what you may be dreaming about, I rub your little jaws if you're gritting your teeth until you stop (this is what your Daddy does to me when I wake him up grinding my teeth), I kiss your little cheek, tuck your covers in tight, and say a little prayer that you have a terrific day.  When your gone I still say a prayer for you every morning and while I know God hears every word, it means so much more to me when I can hear your peaceful, sleepy breathing as I pray.

On weekends your Daddy lets me wake you up.  He knows how much I love to be the first person you see as you leave dreamland.  I rub your back and tell you it's another fabulous morning at our house simply because you are here.  Sometimes I kiss your face until you finally open your baby-blue eyes.  You grin that sleepy, happy grin that reminds me so much of your Dad, you wrap your arms arounds my neck, and say "Good morning."  Sometimes you tell me about your dreams, sometimes we don't talk at all...at least not until we've had our coffee milk, which you have every morning just like I did growing up.  Some mornings when you don't feel like being a morning person, I bring your coffee milk to you, despite your Daddy shaking his head with that "you're spoiling him" look.  (Like he has any room to talk!)  We sip our coffee and plan our day, we watch cartoons, and sometimes hope the plans don't catch up with us.  Our mornings together are so precious to me and I miss them so much.

I miss you my little Day dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment