Monday, August 15, 2011

Miss You Mondays

I miss watching you love on your Daddy. 

I miss this scene for a few reasons.  First, because of your Daddy's smile.  His smile becomes brighter and wider when you are in the same room with him and I know the smile on his face is a reflection of what is going on in his heart when he plays, laughs, and holds you in his arms.  Our family's situation may not be perfect but your Daddy and I take so little for granted when it comes to our time with you.  He takes you to work with him just so he can spend that extra time with you, no matter what he may have going on.  He doesn't like not being able to tuck you in at night when you're here so you rarely stay anywhere overnight.  When you're in his arms and he says those three little words I can hear the significance he gives every syllable.  I don't think your Daddy's heart was whole until the day you were born.  His "I love yous" mean so much more than most and when you two are together, I can see and feel him hoping that you know that all the way to your core. 

Secondly, because every time I see you and your Daddy together I fall in love with the both of you all over again.  I thought eventually, the lump I get in my throat when I see you two sharing those special moments, would go away with time, but they haven't yet and I hope they never do.  I am thankful for every lump, every special moment, the depth of love you have given not only your Dad but me...I am so very thankful for you and that you are your Daddy's son.

I miss you a bushel and a peck. 


1 comment: