Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lovin' It


 I have a lot on my list of things I'm loving today so I'll dive right in...

  • First and foremost, our little boy will be here Thursday for the Labor Day weekend!!!  I don't think I need to go into detail as to how excited Drew and I are!  We've gone grocery shopping and picked up all of his favorite foods and stocked up on chocolate milk.  Put his favorite sheets on his bed.  Drug out all of his bathtub toys.  We love getting ready for his trips home, it's sort of like getting ready for Christmas morning.  We're just giddy and we can barely stand it! :)
  • LSU FOOTBALL!!!  After all the drama over the last few weeks surrounding JJ, I'm so ready to see our guys pound it out on the field this weekend against the Ducks.  I know I guys have had a lot on their minds and I hope they can direct all of their frustrations into winning on Saturday in Dallas!  On a side note LSU fans really are the best around, read all about it here.   
    • I scream, you scream, we all scream for New Orleans ice cream!  Thanks to Matt and Britt I recently discovered New Orleans Ice Cream Co.  I recommend the Vanilla Bean and the Cheesecake...ahhhh I die.
    Next I have a few movies and TV shows I'm loving:
    • Hunger Games movie!  The trailer premiered on the VMAs last night, oh my gosh I'm so excited!  The books were phenomenal and I know the movies won't be as good, but I can't wait to see it on the big screen.
    • The Temple Grandin HBO movie.  This is a fabulous movie about perseverance and overcoming the obstacles life has put before you.  Temple is an amazing autistic woman, who changed the livestock industry.  She became a doctor of animal science and is a professor at Colorado State University.  Her story is definitely one you should check out.
    •  Lifetime's series Against the Wall.  The main character is a IA detective with three brothers who are cops, a mom who wants to open her own bakery, and she has no time for a relationship...which of course means she's in complicated "relationships" with quite a few cute guys. :)  It's good, mindless TV.
    • Project Runway.  The Klum of Doom and the contestants are never a disappointment.  I am loving Anya Ayoung-Chee's designs.  Plus her hair cut is amazing...amazingly ballsy that is.  But she rocks it and I like that about her.  
    • And finally a two of my favorite guilty pleasures:  True Blood and Jersey Shore...Okay so I only watch True Blood because I loved the Sookie Stackhouse novels and I must admit it has gotten pretty dumb, but now I'm vested and DVR let's me watch it when nothing else is on.  And let's face it Jersey Shore is like a train wreck...you just can't help looking at it. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment