Monday, August 8, 2011

Miss You Mondays

I miss our story time together.  I miss trying to convince you to read the book I picked out, even though I know you'll never give in!  So we end up reading both of our books, that is until Skippyjon came along.  I miss those the most, they are so much fun to read.  I miss you laughing out loud at my silly Spanish accent and how you always know just when to clap along.  I should have known that any story about a Siamese cat who thinks he's a Chihuahua would have been right up your alley!  I think Skippyjon's imagination might be as grand as yours. :)  I miss you, my little book worm.



Andrew and I would like to recommend a few of our favorite reads to you and your little book worms.
  • Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner (Our favorite is Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones)
  • Under the Sea by Anna Milbourne & Cathy Shimmen
  • How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long & David Shannon
  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
  • Hey, Al by Arthur Yorinks & Richard Egielski
  • The Story of Ferdinand by Muro Leaf
  • Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes
  • There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly by Pam Adams
  • Boat Ride with Lillian Two Blossom by Patricia Polacco
  • The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle

We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

"TV.  If kids are entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they'll have with twenty-six.  Open your child's imagination.  Open a book."  ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Did he get his new Skippyjon Jones book in the mail yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure did, I ordered a second set to send to TN so he would have them at both homes. Well, and so I could read them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete