Monday, August 1, 2011

Miss You Mondays

It's been almost a week since you went back to TN and "I miss you." just doesn't quite fit what I feel, when I come home and don't hear, "Do-Dah's home Daddy!  We missed you today, what did you do at work?!"  So this Monday that is what I am missing...

I miss plopping down on the couch and you crawling into my lap, squishing and smashing parts of me in the process, knotting a piece of my hair and sharing our day with each other.  You starting out telling me exactly how many places you and Daddy went to and what you did at each, with your own personal six year old point of view, which makes even the most mundane tasks exciting and hilarious.  Your Dad is so lucky to have you tag along for his day!  I miss you asking, "What chemicals did you burn up today?" reducing science to the simplest terms.  I miss you dragging me to your room to see exactly how many chores you had completed for the day.  I miss the importance you give to the everyday things I do...I miss you like crazy Pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment