Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanks Again

Today I am most thankful for:
  • My best friend Brittany Hughes.  Happy happy birthday B!
  • Maintenance shop breakfasts.  Thanks for the daily invites fellas, I don't know what I would do without my morning eggs fried in bacon grease. :)
  • The iPad.  My favorite new toy that I don't own yet.  My Christmas list is growing at an alarming rate!  Thanks Matt.
  • I'm pretty sure I'll be thankful for my Mom this whole week.  I came home to freshly planted pansies, snapdragons, and freshly mulched flowerbeds.  I think it's safe to say my Mom is the best!
  • Community dark roast coffee brewed in a drip pot.  Growing up I didn't even know they made electric coffee pots.  My mom would boil water and then poor it into an old-timey drip pot, then either my Mom or Dad would wake me up with coffee milk in bed EVERY morning from the time I was able to drink coffee until I graduated college!  Spoiled much?  Nah!  Two Christmases ago Drew found and gave me a drip pot just like my parents'.  Still spoiled?  Yeah! It is definitely one of my most prized possessions!  I don't think Drew believe how much better the coffee taste until I he had a cup...now we don't own an electric coffee maker.  But we do boil our water in the microwave. Ha!
  • Milk.  Drew isn't much of a milk drinker.  I know right, how can you not like milk?!  I can remember my Dad taking me to Mr. Clinton's dairy and scooping milk, with a layer of cream on top, right out of the chiller tank and drinking it.  (Drew is giving me a disgusted look as he's reading over my shoulder.) I would make myself sick on fresh milk.  Our local fruit stand sells Smith's Creamery milk.  Which is named after the original Smith family dairy in Mount Hermon, LA...which also happens to be my grandma's family.  My great great grandpa Jenkins owned the general store in Washington parish and he sold my great great grandpa Smith's dairy products.  Anyway Smith's milk is so fresh, you have to shake the carton to mix the layer of cream that has formed on top...or do like I do and lick it off your finger!  
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment