Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving with the Days

Thanksgiving morning I woke up to the sounds of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and my husband making coffee.  As I wiped the sleep out of my eyes I immediately thanked my Lord for the traditions my Mom and Dad established (we watch the Macy's Parade every year), my husband who makes my world go round, and that I would be the one to wake Andrew up every Thanksgiving morning from now on to watch the Macy's Parade with me.  

I jumped out of bed and ran to Andrew's room only to find....

This.
If Sleeping Beauty would have been a boy I think he would have been this one!
 It took some serious back rubbing and stretching sounds to get our little one out of his Thanksgiving Day slumber, but I guess that was my fault-we only stayed up til midnight playing Donkey Kong!  But once I announced Spider Man was taking over 5th Ave and he was going to miss it, he changed his tune and hollered, "But where's my coffee milk, Do-Dah?" Well Happy Thanksgiving to you too! 
 I think I may have created a mini-me monster when it comes to coffee milk in bed!

After the parade Andrew tried out his new remote control helicopter, and I started on the homemade macaroni and cheese for Thanksgiving lunch. 
I will admit, it's one of the coolest toys ever!

4 cups of cooked elbow pasta, 3 types of cheese (seen here with white cheddar, extra sharp cheddar, and asiago), one pint of 1/2 and 1/2, bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees- Delici-o-so!

On our way to Mama Days we called all of the grandparents:
Big & Nana, Peep, Maw T & PawPaw Larry, and Mimi
He is one spoiled grandkid! :)

Uncle Woody's infrared fried (no oil needed!) turkey was YUMMY!

 Aunt Erin, the family baker's, pumpkin cupcakes!
The spread!

Carrie Addis was on the move! 

The Days :)

Thanksgiving is truly a holiday meant to be spent with the people you love the most, my day could have only been better if my Mom and Dad would have popped in at Mama Day's.  
And maybe Mom would have had a pumpkin pie and chicken 'n dumplins too!
My favorite food of the day has to go to Willie's apple dumplings, they were incredible!

After lunch we went home to watch the Saints play, color with Andrew's Color Explosion, and squeeze in a little nap!

Color explosion, glow in the dark...another pretty cool invention!

Just like a man...takes my pillow and asks for a back scratch!  Of course I was happy to oblige. Ha!

Just waking up...
I couldn't believe he took a nap...another side effect from late night Kong-ing I guess! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment