Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am so blessed...

I was sound asleep by 8:30pm last night so I didn't get a chance to write my "Thankful for" blog for yesterday so here it is now...

I am so thankful for:
  • My coworkers.  Our department celebrates 17 years without a recordable safety incident this month.  A chemical plant's safety record is very important and effects our reputation as a company.  We deal with dangerous chemicals every day and we strive to never become complacent about the hazards and dangers in our workplace environment.  We watch out for each other, our #1 goal is to leave work in the same condition we arrived.
  • My husband, the chef.  He can do so many things and he does them all well.  Today I'm thankful for his cooking abilities.  He made homemade pizzas on the grill, with homemade crust I might add:  BBQ Chicken and Italian.  Man were they yummy!  We are foodies through and through and my man can cook some delicious food. 
  • My SIL, Erin.  She is one talented and crafty lady!  She is making the mini-desserts for our party this weekend and I can't wait to see and try all of her delicious goodies!  Thanks E!
  • My marriage and its perfect timing.  Without Drew's brief first marriage I don't think we would be together now.  We appreciate each other more now than we ever have.  I think part of that comes with age and growing up, the other part comes from the broken marriages/relationships we’ve been in.  Life is a learning experience.  But it's the people who truly learn from not only their mistakes, but also from the mistakes of others that actually experience life.  Drew and I have made our fair share of mistakes and we'll make plenty more, but we learn from them and we're better people because of them.  Drew jokes around that "he's only been wrong once."  But the truth is we wouldn't change a thing.  God brought us this far and he'll see us through whatever we face in the future and what's most important is that we'll face it together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment