Friday, November 19, 2010

Art Wine Design

Last night was the 2nd annual Art Wine Design at Southdowns Village.  Our architect friend, Rick Brown, invited us last year.  Rick works out of The Front Door  which is owned by Dwayne Carruth, in Southdowns Village.  Drew and I had a blast last year so we decided to do it all again this year.

This year Dwayne has opened a modern furniture store just across from The Front Door and last night was Monochrome's grand-opening also.  I didn't think furniture could be inspiring, but after last night I stand corrected!  Dwayne has some amazing pieces!  Monochrome also features works by another friend of ours Rick introduced us to, Dave Cano.  Dave is a metalsmith, Drew and Rick went to his shop to build the island for our kitchen and the vanity for our bathroom.  Dave and Rick's Modern Swing, is definitely on my Christmas list this year! ;)




 
 This was one of the pieces I fell in love with, the indoor fire pit!
 Sigh....


This is the other piece that was screaming "Take me home!"
I love a white couch.
Probably because they are completely impractical so I want them, of course.

 Look familiar?
Looks a lot like Chihuly.

This was Drew's favorite...he's been looking at chaise lounges for months but can't make up his mind, he may have last night. 
I think Santa could fit this on his sleigh don't you? ;)

Like I said inspiring!  We were definitely surrounded by some very brilliant and very talented people who's designs are right up our alley.  Dwayne, Rick, and Dave are hard to keep up with when they are all in the same room together.  They bounce around new ideas like bouncy balls!  
Thanks for another fun night fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment