Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Such A Bookworm

So far I've read 32 books this year!  Not bad considering we also built our home, moved into it, traveled, got married, and I work full time!  Let's face it I love to read.  No matter what's going on in my life I always take time to read a page or two of something everyday.  I've also noticed a trend this year...series books.  I'm one of those readers who can almost literally fall in love with a character and when an author only writes one novel about that character by the time I reach the last chapter I'm already dreading saying goodbye.  I know, what a nerd right! :)  I've always loved to read.  I can remember asking my Mom to read to me every night when I was little and my Dad always had a Louis L' Amour book in his hand. 
I was trying to remember what the first series I might have read...besides The Cat In the Hat and The Cat In the Hat Comes Back...I'm thinking it was probably Judy Blume's SuperFudge books.  (Definitely books I'll be reading with Andrew one summer.)  But I think the person who is responsible for my love of series books is my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Gaylord, who read Lynne Reid Banks' The Indian in the Cupboard to my class.  When she announced it was a series I remember my Mom taking me to the library and check out each of the five books as a read them.  I saw my library card as a passport to anywhere I wanted to go...and man have I been some places!  All over the world, experienced all types of cultures, traveled to outer space, into the future, blasted into the past, inside the human mind, inside the mind of alien buggers (thanks to my HS English teacher Mr. Cooper), I can only imagine where else I'll go.



Here are  the series I've read so far this year, I hope you'll check them out today!
  • The Kane Chronicle- I just started this one.
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Fallen Series
  • The Charmed Life
  • Three Kisses Series
  • Sookie Stackhouse Novels
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Some of my all time favorites:
  • Ender's Saga
  • Twilight Series
  • Harry Potter
  • Redwall Series
  • Chronicles of Narnia 

No comments:

Post a Comment