Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fishin' the Bay

Friday evening Drew and I drove to Meridian, MS to pick up our littlest love...our BUD!!  We were like a couple of giggling school kids on the way there.  I love these days, the days in which we will get to see Andrew.  We compare it to Christmas Eve as kids...it's an excited anticipation that we will never take for granted. :)

We were driving through the McDonald's drive through when Andrew arrived...I could see Drew itching to get his arms around his little boy so I told him to go and I hopped in the drivers seat to wait for our food.  I made my way around and when I parked the truck and hopped out, Andrew dropped his suitcase and went running across the parking lot and into my arms before his Daddy could catch him!  Oh man, did that little boy feel amazing in my arms! The place in my heart that is reserved for Andrew, and only Andrew, was filled as soon as his little arms were around my neck and as Drew grabbed my other hand a feeling of immense love overwhelmed me.  On our way to Poppy and Willie's fishing camp we talked about school, sang songs, watched movies, and planned our weekend.  I don't think anyone has ever seen a kid who was so excited to fish in brackish water!! :)  We had a great time, thanks to Poppy and Willie for a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  Just what we needed 7 days before our wedding!! Yay!

Good Morning Daddy!

"Wake up in the morning feeling like A. Diddy!"

Getting our gear ready.

Checking his tackle inventory

Poppy and Daddy getting the boat ready

Our little fisherman is ready to GEAUX!

Catching some poggies to use as bait

"Let's go already!"

And we're off!  
Drew's 2, 3, and 4

Our precious little boy

It was a little chilly on the water Saturday morning, but it warmed up fast.

Check out those clear blue skies!

Potty break!

I caught a blue crab..I'm not sure who ran to the other side of the boat faster Andrew or the crab.  He seemed to want to latch a hold of Andrew!

Yummy crabs!

Andrew trying to catch a poggie for our pole.



Poppy and Andrew


There's Poppy and Willie's Camp!
Andrew loved the fact that it was PINK! :)
There's a Willie!

I could definitely get used to this!  
We decided to take an evening boat ride at sunset.


The weather was absolutely perfect not a cloud in the sky all weekend.  The Bay was a perfect place to be and enjoy each other, nature, and the gift of both from God.  I'm looking forward to making many more memories in Bay St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment