Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Own Pilot

I am officially married to my very own private pilot! 

That's right!  Drew passed his oral exam and his check flight today!  He is a real live pilot now.  I was so excited and proud of him.  He can truly accomplish just about anything he puts his mind to.  We went to celebrate at La Caretta's and discuss our first trip!  Of course it's going to pick up Andrew for Thanksgiving!  He seems so much closer now that he's less than 3 hours away from us.  I can't wait to see the look on Andrew's face the first time he flys with us.  This is what childhood memories are made of.  When I talked to Andrew this morning and told him his Daddy was taking his final tests today to fly airplanes, he said:  
"I think that's what I'm going to do.  When I get out of college I have to get a job, right?" 
Me:"Yea, that's pretty much how it works."
Andrew: "Well that's what my jobs going to be something with planes, like my Dad."

Andrew looks up to his Daddy so much...and what's more important is that Drew gives him so many reasons to.  They both make my heart swell with pride!  

Congrats my love, you never cease to amaze me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment