Monday, October 18, 2010

The Grand Canyon

The Grand Canyon should be a stop on everyone's Bucket List.  It was awe inspiring and rendered Drew and I both speechless with it's raw beauty.  Enjoy.

 Here's our ride into the Grand Canyon!

 Can you tell we were giddy with excitement! :)

Hoover Dam:

 The Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge opens to traffic later this week.
It's the second-highest bridge of any kind in the United States and 14th in the world!


The Mighty Colorado River flowing into Lake Mead :







 


 Yep that's exactly where we landed, right in the bottom of the canyon!  It was an amazing ride!

 Our picnic spot


 A toast!

 The rock formations amazed me, but then again I've always loved rocks.
I collected them when I was little, but what kid didn't.  Andrew is going through a collecting stage right now...I found a pretty special rock to add to his collection! :)
 




 Riding shot gun back to the airport!  My little pilot!



And so our Happily Ever After begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment