Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Lovin'

ANDREW IS HOME!!

It's been a long time since I've looked forward to the season of Summer.  Most of the time I look forward to Fall for its cool mornings and some relief from the Louisiana heat or I look forward to Spring to bring some color back into my Winterized world.  But for the first time since college, I have been looking forward to Summer all....year....long!  I can already tell that this Summer, and many Summers come, are going to be some of the best of my life.  All thanks to one soft hearted, sweet souled, toothless smiling, blue eyed, blond haired, little boy...who I still can't believe is going to be in the first grade this Fall.  

Drew & I are learning to slow things down when Andrew is home.  While we want to show and do so much with him...we've realized that simply staying in one place is sometimes best for a little boy that is always on the go.  I have relished these first days with him.  He's so loving, so sweet, so smart, so curious, and I am soaking up every minute with him.  We are going to have some amazing memories that will last a lifetime...and then some. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment