Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation Celebration!

My niece Aubrey graduated from DSHS this past Friday.  Our family loves a good celebration, we are all a bunch of party planners as well as party goers.  So lets party!...

 DSHS Class of 2011!

 Thank goodness Aubrey's last name starts with an "A" also, we got out of there just before the clouds let loose!  We all headed back to our house for some delicious po'-boys.

 Proud family with the Graduate!

 Silly!


 Have I mentioned that I love my Mama!

 The Aunt-ie with a few of my beautiful and handsome nieces and nephews. 
I sure do love ya'll!

 So us...I momentarily forgot I had strep throat, oops!

On Saturday we had a BIG family get together at my sister Stacie's house.  It was so much fun, everyone had a great time visiting, eating, and catching up on the latest family gossip. ;)

 My bro, Barry, cooking pastalaya which is Aub's favorite!

 The set up




 Nice one Aft!

Cake Redemption:  Okay so if you've been reading my blog for a while you may recall that the beautiful cake I had ordered for our wedding party never arrived from Fairy Dust Cakes.  A few days after the minor set back to a fabulous night, I received a sweet apology letter from the owner Kyleen.  She told me that if I ever needed a cake for a special occasion to let her know and she would get it done...on the house!  Well here it is, Aub's graduation cake!


 I thought it turned out beautifully! 

 Aub wanted Erin to make her a cheesecake since that is her favorite dessert!  It was SO good, Erin and I had to hide ourselves a piece while we finished cutting the other cake! :)

I am so proud of you, Aub!  You have so much to look forward to in your college years to come.  My only advice is to study hard, enjoy these years, grow in your independence, and set yourself up for a very bright future!

No comments:

Post a Comment