Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Husband is an Alien!

Or at least I think he may be...  You're probably wondering why I might think this.  Well take Monday for instance.  He was up making breakfast and packing our lunches before I left the house. I'm out the door by 6 AM every morning, mind you.  He worked all day, after work he logged some hours flying for his instrumental pilots license, came home ran with our neighbor Tony, and then cooked steak and lobster.  ON A MONDAY!  Who has that type of energy on a Monday?!  I mean I went to work, came home loaded the dish washer, took a nap, worked out, marinated the steaks for Chef Alien, then sat on a barstool and talked my head off while he cooked (hmmm maybe that's why my throat is so sore) and I was so exhausted I barely made it through the entire episode of Castle.  If I could bottle up his energy I would make millions!
Homemade Surf & Turf.  It doesn't get much better.

I love my personalized lunches, they make me smile every day.

Tuesday:  More of the same.  My throat has been killing me and yesterday I started running a fever.  I like grits when I'm sick.  But Chef Alien Day would NOT let me eat plain ole grits.  No, No, No!  I got New Orleans style shrimp & grits.  


Drew has always loved to cook and he has always been THE cook in our relationship.  He cooks and I clean up after him.  He knows the way to my heart and it works for us.  But here lately he has been cooking on a whole new level.  Everything he touches turns into something delicious.

Oatmeal crepes, fresh berries, & greek yogurt
Make you wanna slap your mama!

Mmmm...I'm hungry I think I'll go find my delicious husband. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment