Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Silly Bandz

Silly bandz are all the craze right now for kids...and adults who refuse to grow up.  If you don't know they're rubber band bracelets that come in a variety of different shapes.  Andrew had a few but when he saw Brady with an arm load of them he was hooked!  He gets a kick out of the trading concept.  It took Brady a few times of explaining that when you trade you don't get your band back, before Andrew caught on, but now he'll see random kids in the store with Silly Bandz on and he'll walk right up and ask them if they want to trade any of their bracelets.  It's pretty funny!  I remember collecting all kinds of things as a kid: stamps, rocks, sticks, unicorns, bones (I know that's a little morbid, but living on a farm we would happen upon all kinds of animal bones and at one point I wanted to be a paleontologist so bones fascinated me), dried flowers, baseball cards, pogs (does anyone remember those).  Even today I'm still a collector; Gail Pittman pottery, Heisey glass, and shoes!

Silly Goats


My cotton candy clowns
 Let the collecting begin!

 Sigh, my favorite face!

Before Andrew left for TN he gave me four, "but only four" of his silly bandz.  "These are for when you miss me and don't feel like playing with my toys."  He had his very own reasoning behind each band he gave me.

Shrek:  "Because you like those songs from Shrek." That would be I'm A Believer and Hallelujah.
Goat:  "This one is because you call me a silly goat."
Shark:  "I'm gonna give you the shark because it's my favorite...but I have two." He's so generous. ;)
Jessie (the cowgirl from Toy Story):  "Daddy is Woody and you're Jessie, so you can have this one too."

And I haven't taken them off yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment