Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bud-a-Roo Update!!

Andrew is all registered for KINDERGARTEN!!  Holy Moly!  I can't believe he's starting school!  It seems like just yesterday his Daddy was calling from Baptist's delivery waiting room- 7 lbs. 3 ounces...where has the time gone?  

Today he went to take his kindergarten pictures "with his big K."


I asked him the other day if he had been going to the library in TN, we went to our library once or twice a week here.  He thought about it for a little bit "I don't think we have liberries here."  I assured him they did, then he wanted me to send his library card.  I told him I didn't think his card would work up there but I'm sure his mommy would take him to get a card if he asked her.  And she did!  She sent us a pic of him picking out his books.  He loves going to the library, I'm so excited this tradition made in across state lines.  It's so important, even for parents who don't enjoy reading, to nuture their children's love for reading.  Like I tell Andrew, we may not be able to travel everywhere or do everything but we can always read about it. 
"Yeah, I'm not a fish but I can read all about them so I can pretend to be one."  
His mind works in amazing ways! :)


He's also been swimming everyday, or almost everyday, and his courage is growing.  He's swimming with help only from his swimmies AND he's jumping off the ladder and the side of the pool!
"Wanna hear the sound I make jumping in the pool?!"
At first I wasn't sure what to say, I was a little worried that he might jump in with the phone.  But he set it down and then cannon balled in! :)
SPLASH!!

Andrew has two cats in TN- Fly & Swim

Recently and much to Drew's displeasure, we have had two kitten visitors at our house.

I sent Andrew a picture of them and told him to start thinking of two boy names.  And what did he come up with...Bird & Fish!  The kid has four cats:  Fly, Swim, Bird and Fish.  He is his father's child for sure- he's going to sail/fish the water and conquer the sky! :)  We are planning a trip in August and I can't wait to see his school and meet his teacher and of course love on our little man!!

I call him everyday, sometimes when I get through I only get to hear is little voice for 30 seconds or so but it makes my day none the less.  I vowed a long time ago that I would do whatever it takes to foster my relationship with Andrew.   I will always be persistent in this so that if no one else, I myself will know that I did indeed do my best as his step-mom.  Being 8 hours away is pretty tough for Drew and I, but this is how it is and we do what we can in hopes that Andrew will always know how proud, how much we love him, and that he is always our priority.

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.  ~Johann Schiller

No comments:

Post a Comment