Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Current Events, Affairs, and Points of Interest

Now that Drew and I have grown semi-accustomed to life without our favorite little boy tagging along we are surprisingly still on the go, go, go.  We are picking up old hobbies, a few new ones, enjoying being back in our neighborhood with our friends, playing decorators, working out, and of course gearing up for 10/10/10.

One persons trash is another persons treasure.
This past weekend, while our men went to Drew Bob's camp in Bay St. Louis, my BF Brittany and I went yard sale shopping early Saturday morning.  She's pretty darn creative and she wants to do an empty frame wall in her house.  "What's that," you say?


I know, pretty neat right.  So we went on a unique frame hunt and what did we find... a few frames yes, but we also found some cool canisters for my kitchen, some 1960's Christmas ornaments, new never used before shaped cake pans for Erin (she just finished her "Ace of Cakes" classes, now if we can only get her to open a bakery!), some old, colorful books for my shelves, and I found Drew some old pneumatic tools.  When I sent him a picture of his sussies:
  
He was pretty impressed with me on a few points.  1.  That I even knew what a pneumatic tool was and 2.  That I knew what I was looking at when I saw them.  Pa-lease!  My Daddy didn't raise no fool!  If my Dad was in the shop I was right next to him, handing him tools, holding the flashlight, keeping scraps of wood to build sail boats or rolly-polly bug farms. :)  I didn't know if they still worked but they would look too cool on display in his office or in the Man Cave. 

Relax, just do it!
After we spent our $20 each we went to her in-law's to take a dip in their new pool.  Mmmm, I love some sunshine!  Ya'll did a great job Popsie and Mae-Mae!!


Artsy Fartsy
Monday, Drew was supposed to pick up our foyer light but of course it hadn't come in yet, they have back-ordered it on us twice...so Drew did a very Drew thing and cancel our order and bought a light off of the showroom floor.  I was a little worried about getting a foyer light I'd never seen.  I mean it's pretty important it's the first thing guests will see coming through the front door...so he tells me all this via text and adds "I know neither of us really like polka-dots...but it's polka-dotted."

He did so good!  I love it and it looks awesome with the sliver & blue groin vaulted ceiling.

The owner then asked him if we needed any art. Who doesn't need art?! So he sent me a few pictures of what he liked and this is what we ended up with.

This one is painted on a piece of aluminum then mounted on a black canvas.


The leaves are silk leaves painted silver and the flower box is aluminum also.  So cool!

To Infinity and Beyond!
Now that Drew is finished building our house...I love saying that, "The love of my life built our home."  At least once a week I walk through the door take a look around at how perfect it is and exclaim, "I LOVE OUR HOUSE!"  Back to my original thought, now that our house is finished Drew is back in the pilots seat working on getting his pilots license.  Tuesday he flew to Natchez, MS...ALONE!!  Tuesday before leaving for work, I woke him up to tell him that his life is Andrew's life and their lives are mine so he was flying for three and to be safe, smart, and amazing...and to call me as soon as the landing gear hit the ground!!  Then on my 37 minute commute to work I prayed.  Of course he did great and was totally stoked about his success...but I will admit I was second guessing this whole pilots license thing all morning!  But I know it will be so convenient to fly ourselves to Nashville to see Andrew as much as possible.  I'll feel much better when I'm in the plane right along side him. :)

Commit to be fit!
For the last two weeks I've been training with a friend of mine I met in our neighborhood a few years ago.  Since then she and her husband have moved into a bigger home with they're 3 boys and she's started her own personal training business! www.newphysiques.com  Anyway, I decided since my wedding dress is backless I needed to tone up my back muscles for the BIG DAY, so why not tone up all over just for kicks. HAHA!  It's been hard work and in 2 weeks I've lost 2.5 lbs, 2 inches from my waist, 2.5 inches around my chest, 1 inch in my hips, and 1.5 inches of my behind!  I was pumped!  Get it girl!  Thanks Danielle! :)

Honeymoonin'
After watching 4 older sisters plan weddings, by the time it was my turn simple and hands free were at the top of my priority list...truthfully I never really day dreamed about what my wedding would look like or where it would be so I didn't have any preconceived ideas to compete with or fulfill.  No showers, no wedding party, just the dress, me, my love, and the something blue shoes from Sex in the City!  Check, Check, and Check!  However, my future sister-in-law, Erin and two of my best friends,Emily and Brittany, talked me into a lingerie shower...I use the term "talked me into" loosely.  What girl doesn't want new nighties for her honey moon?!  I'm so excited.  Lushes with Brushes will be on location to help us each create our own masterpeice then the lingerie fun begins!  Thanks girls, I love you all so much!  Some areas have been blocked for privacy. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment