Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul.

 ~Linda Solegato

After breakfast this morning I called and checked on my Mom then headed out into the yard.  My worries seem to melt away in the dirt...I now understand why my Mama spends so much of her time there.  Peace.  My thoughts turn to natural things- water, soil, minerals, colors, and God. :) 

Pentas for the butterfiles

  Daylilies from my Mom's garden

Drew's Jalapeno plant
Pomegranate tree

Tapioca plant

 Hydrangeas...the color of the flower, pink or blue, depends on how much aluminum is in your soil.  Amazing.

 And I finally hung the humming bird feeder Andrew and I got.

Now it's time to cool off and figure out what Drew is in kitchen whipping up for lunch!

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses.  ~Hanna Rion

2 comments:

  1. You have an awesome blog Brooke. The pics are great! I was going to comment on the last post but couldn't bring myself to it. ;) But Drew does seem like quite the romantic. You guys take care.

    Parker & Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ya'll! I don't know about romantic but he sure knows how to make me smile! :) You two take care too and hurry up with those PHDs and come back to the states!

    ReplyDelete