Tuesday, December 13, 2011

29 Years Old

Whoa!  I still can't believe I'm 29.  It seems like I just graduated from LSU yesterday.  I must admit I've been a little bummed about turning 29. There's just something about not being a "twenty-something" that makes me curl up my nose.  Then while perusing Pinterest one night, I came across this:




And I thought about all of the people given so little time here on Earth.  I should be jumping for joy that I made in through another year with so many blessings and dreams coming true.  And I am, this year has been a terrific year for me, my husband, Andrew, and my family.  I am looking forward to another wonderful year in 2012!


My birthday weekend was pretty much perfect.  I woke up Saturday morning to the yummy smells of "pan pan doody" aka French toast one of my favorite breakfasts and birthday surprises. 


 My husband picked out this glitzy number all by himself.  And you'll never guess where he found it...on Rue La La.  Yes, my addiction is apparently contagious.  Between the two of us there are quite a few Rue La La boxes lying around.  He wanted me to have something brand spankin' new to wear out for my birthday dinner at the traditional place, Gino's.  Our friends Matt & Brittney and Brent & Michelle joined us, the six of us always have a blast together and Saturday night was no different.  


Sunday we slept in, recovering from our late night and ran a few errands before the Saints game.  The Saints  didn't let me down on my birthday either, but they had me worried.  They beat the TN Titans in Nashville and all I have to say about that is "Who Dat?!"  

Today is my actual birth day and I just want to say thank you for all of the Facebook posts and messages!  They just simply made my day.  The guys at work took me to lunch at Mestizos, another of my favorite places.  And when I got home Drew had an amazing dinner cooking, a bottle of red wine, and a movie all ready to go.  I sure do love my man, he's nothing short of fabulous!


Yes, I know it inside and out. And I love you too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment