Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!

Can you feel that?! 
Yep, that’s my excitement!  Excitement that in 4 days I will be hugging, kissing, singing, and laughing with my favorite little boy!  And man I cannot wait.  We’re making no plans, so we can do whatever Bud wants to do; this weekend is ALL about him.  Let’s hope the week goes by in the blink of an eye! 

This week is Andrew’s first full week of kindergarten, so keep him, his teacher, and the other kindergarten students in your prayers that all goes well during their first week.  Everyone Drew and I have contacted at Byars Dowdy has been supportive and understanding of our situation.  With distance being our largest obstacle we want to do whatever we can to show Andrew and his school our support.  Public educators deal with all kinds of family life situations, and Mrs. Bird (Andrew’s teacher), Veronica (the kindergarten aid/the Boxtops for Education coordinator), and Kolleen (President of the PTO) have been very understanding and have nothing but encouraging words for Drew and I.  I hope we get a chance to meet each of them throughout the school year. 

We are sending Andrew books monthly through the Boxtop Reading Room, so not only does Andrew get awesome new books delivered to his doorstep but a percentage of our purchases are donated to Byars Dowdy.  While it's very important to show support to our children it’s also important to support our teachers and let them know they are appreciated!  Every teacher has a wish list on their website and Mrs. Bird’s first package is on the way! 

I can't wait to hear all of Andrew's school stories first hand instead of over the phone!  He's so animated and I can't wait to see all of his new expressions.  It's been a little over a month since we've seen him but it feels like it's foooor-ev-errrrr!!  We're bringing lots of sussies, lot's of lovin', and lots of juice for our camera battery!  Did I mention...I'M EXCITED!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment