Monday, August 23, 2010

A Fry-Day Night in TN

The week finally came to a close and Drew and I headed to Nashville.  I don't think we stopped smiling the entire weekend!  We had a wonderful time, but then again we always do when we're all together.

His smile is worth 1000 words, this Daddy couldn't wait to see his baby boy. :)
Yay, let the fun begin!

We picked Andrew up from Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Juliet, TN.  He had been so good at school all week he got to pick a toy out of his class' treasure chest and his mom and step-dad took him to his favorite place to eat.  I think the kid is made of 50% chicken and 50% chocolate milk.

"Can't get enough of this kind of love."

Our fish faces, to show Spidey our Beta fish.

The traffic to Lebanon (where Andrew's house is)  was backed up due to the 5 o'clock rush and the county fair, so we decided to stay in Mt. Juilet.  I'm pretty sure it's the capitol of chain restaurants, I think there were 2 original places out of about 30.  Once you've lived in Louisiana with such good food, it's pretty tough to go out of town and eat chain food, most places just can't compete with our cajun cookin'.  We saw an O'Charley's (which made it about a week here in BR, Drew and I tried it once and it was terrible) and a Red Robin which we used to have in the mall and Drew said had good burgers so off we went to fill our bellies!
"Say Cheese!"

This was my attempt at reverse psychology, "On the count of 3 DON'T look at the camera."
It didn't work so well, nice smile but they followed instructions. :)

Root-beer float and drawing Mario with Do-Dah and Daddy
Does it get any better?
Andrew told our waitress, "My Daddy hasn't lost a claw game yet."
Drew somehow always get's the prizes.  He'll tell you it's his skills, I say it's luck sometimes I think he's made of the stuff! :) 



Justin, Andrew's step-dad mentioned that there was a putt-putt golf place near by, so of course Andrew didn't want to do anything but!
When we walked through the door Drew and I immediately noticed something at the very same time and exclaimed, "Slush Puppies!"  The guys working the counter just laughed at us
You know a place is as old as the TN hills (Ha!) when you see one of these! 
We got our Slush Puppie, picked out our clubs, and our golf balls and headed out to the course.

Tap it in, tap, tap it in...

Oh yeah, hole in one! :)

A typical golfer scolding his ball.

High Fives 

I've got the joy, joy, joy down in my heart!

We know our roles:
-Andrew screams "Ah there's a frog kill it!"
-I scream "Nooo, and rush to save the frog," 
-Drew stands in amazement as the action unfolds before him.
The frog was saved, Andrew pet the frog and named him Jumper, and in thanks Jumper peed on my hand, Drew & Andrew laughed. :)

After Drew gave Andrew and I a run for our money at putt-putt golf we decided to try our hand at go-carts!
Andrew kept yelling, "Slow down dad I want her to bump us!"  HaHa!
We had a blast!

While I got Andrew "squeaky clean" Daddy set up for family game night.  This is definitely one ritual we all miss now that Andrew is in school. 

The classic game Operation with a modern twist...Buzz Lightyear!

Fun Fact:  Operation was first invented to test hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
Let's just say Andrew will need to play this ALOT before he get's a PhD, but he laughed his little behind off every time Buzz buzzed ;)

"A family that plays together, stays together."


Bud would jump sky high when his little tweezers touched the metal edges, "He keeps scaring me!"

Imagine that a Day wanting to know how much money he has! ;)

Time for a little rough housing!

Yep, this is my world and isn't it grand! 

Undercover Fun!
How amazing is that face?!

The kid always wants to smell my feet! :)  Good thing they were "squeaky" clean.
It was a simply, wonderful evening of quality time with our favorite little boy.  He is so smart, so sweet, so polite, so fun loving, so full of life, and so much of a joy to his Daddy and I.  I am so blessed that God has seen fit for me to be apart of his life.  This is exactly where I belong, affirmation is a beautiful thing!

Stay tuned for more of our weekend in Nashville... 

No comments:

Post a Comment