Monday, March 21, 2011

A Wedding in the Big Easy

Sunday before last Drew and I made our way across the Pontchartrain to New Orleans to celebrate the nuptials of a very dear high school friend.  Since we had just picked up Bud the day before we were not looking forward to saying goodbye, no matter how short, so soon.  But we know he had a great time at his Aunt Erin's with Mimi and Rigby.  And we did too, once we were in the Big Easy with good friends on such a momentous occasion in their lives.

Beau and Angela said their "I dos" at the St. Louis Hotel in the French Quarter.  Our room wasn't quite ready so Drew and I took a stroll around the corner to Dickie Brennan's Bourbon House.

 (I took this for you Dad!)


 Don't forget the mint julep! ;)

We we got back to the hotel the wedding decor was out, so I took a few pictures before heading up the get ready.
 Only in New Orleans!







The court yard was beautiful as was Beau's bride!

JJ & Hilary

Mr. & Mrs. Day
"Ridiculously good looking" I know, I know.

On thing you definitely don't have to worry about if you have a NO wedding is good food, it's guaranteed to be delicious.  

Look Mom & Dad, all those lessons paid off.  Just don't ask me what I played.
Chop Sticks, anyone? :)

Oh dear...
My husband sure can make me smile!

We sang our hearts out at Pat O's that night with the entire wedding party, it was so much fun!!  But the next morning we were on the road before the hotel shift change to get back to our little boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment