Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oh Baby, Baby!

This past weekend Erin and I threw our sister Sydney a baby shower!  I must be a little arrogant and say that we did a pretty darn good job!  Erin is literally turning into Martha Stewart.  Her talents amaze me...and no she is not paying me to brag about her. ;)

Between Supper Club, Race for a Cure, Syd's shower, and the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball I feel like my second job is event planning.  I have definitely been busy but it's been so much fun. 

Here are some pictures from Mama Syd and Baby Carrie Addis' shower, enjoy...because we sure did! :)

I forgot to take a picture of the invite, but this is the one we ordered:
I know so cute right?!

Ok so first I'm going to post everything that was handmade by Erin, just because it's ridiculous!

First our gifts to Syd
Um, yes the woman painted these!

The Diaper Cake that looks good enough to eat

The cake we really did eat.  Yes, that is rock candy!

And a few more treats...just because.

Like I said, she's pretty stinkin' talented.  And yes she does have a day job...nothing serious just an attorney for the Attorney General, that's all plenty of time to bake, paint, and sew.  It's a Day thing I guess.  Drew is the builder/fixer/chef and Erin is the baker/painter/seamstress. 

Ok, so I know you all wondering what I actually did!  Flowers, other food, and presentation thank you very much!

I got Michelle's recipe for Supper Club's stuffed strawberries and made those.  YUM!

Marinated Mozzarella and Cherry Tomato Kabobs

 Pretty good lookin' food table :)

Syd and Carrie received some really cute stuff!  


 As soon as I saw this fabric I said that looks like a moomoo and sure enough, this is what Phyllis (Syd's Mom) wore to the hospital to have Syd and now she's passing it on.  I told Syd to make a blanket out of it cause she better not continue that tradition! :)



 After seeing all of the tiny girly clothes I must say I had a short, little, tiny, daydream about a little me running around...but then I saw me at 18 and POOF. :)
A while back I asked Drew what he would like to have next a boy or a girl?  He automatically says a girl, I figured this was just because we have little Andrew already, so when I asked him why a girl he said, "I want a little girl just like you to love me the same way you love your Dad."  I responded with my "stupid happy" grin.  I love that my husband loves the way I love my Dad, but most of all I love that he notices and hopes for the same. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment