Monday, February 28, 2011

Southern Springs

I have a sunburn!
I have a sunburn in February!
I love Louisiana!

There are only a few people I know who would understand my excitement of having a sunburn in February:  all of the women in my family and Emily from South Dakota.  My reasons, the women in my family are accustom to lathering on mixtures of iodine & baby oil climbing up ladders and onto black shingled roofs in order to perfect their Southern tans and Emily from South Dakota...while her Irish complexion tries to convince her otherwise, this damn yankee should have been born into a family of Coppertone babies.

An early Spring is just another reason to love this great state.  While I was soaking up a few hours of sun on Sunday I walked around our yard to enjoy the first signs of Spring.

The exotic fragrance of a Southern Sweet Olive tree.
I pulled a T and made Drew come outside and smell these amazing blooms with me. :)

Plenty of buds on the Camilla bush Willie gave us.

This ain't no pansy!  
Quite a few of my pansies survived the freezes and frost.  
They live to bloom another day!

Finally, nothing says "Southern Spring" like an Adirondack chair and an Arnold Palmer.

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

No comments:

Post a Comment