Sunday, February 20, 2011

Playing Ketch-Up

So what have you been up to?
Standard answer:  Not much just work, same ole same ole. 

When in reality we are all busy, busy people!  I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog in forever so I'm going to try to bring y'all up to speed all in one big-ole blog. :)

Super Bowl Supper Club
February's Supper Club was held on Super Bowl Sunday at the home of Sandy & Denny Wackett.  The theme was "Finger Lickin' Good," so everyone brought their favorite finger foods.

Pictured Above:  Sliders, Muffalettas, Crab Bread, Quesadillas, & Potato Skins

Pictured: Polish Mistakes aka "Sh!t on a Shingle" and Sausage Balls
Red Velvet Cake Balls...MMMM!

Although she may look sweet enough to eat, this is not a finger food this is Miss Allie, Michelle & Brent's little girl.

Miss Hannah & Mama Britt

My sis Stacie with my brother Barry's famous Crab Bread

The Supper Club Crew!

March Supper Club:  Mexican Fiesta at The Hughes Residence!

Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball
This year's theme is "BP Blows & Wiki Leaks."

Our table that Britt & I decorated.  Drew built our oil derrick for us, thanks babe. :)

Downtown Rick Brown & Drew Baby
We went as "Gangsters & Saloon Dancers"

I don't know how women wore corsets, I could hardly breathe!

Aub's Last Show
Aubrey is graduating from DSHS this year (tear), so the next morning Drew & I headed to Lamar Dixon to watch her show.

Gotta Love a Big Ole Belt Buckle ;)

Valentine's Day
Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple was one of the best ever!

Some girls get flowers, candy, or dinner.
I got flowers, dinner...and flight lessons!  I'm so excited, I can't wait to get my pilot's license!

 Off to dinner at our favorite sushi place..Sakura in DS.

We shared the "Love Boat" :)

Race for a Cure
Yesterday we joined 12,000 other supporters, survivors, and fighters at the 2011 Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure.  We had so much fun and it was a moving experience to see so many show up for a great cause!


The Rhodia Gold Diggers



The Biggest Jambalaya Pot I've ever seen!

Finished the 5K and headed straight for the Pizza Tent! Ha Ha!

Our team placed 3rd in Team Fund-raising!  We were so proud!

Other stuff going on: 
  • Andrew's school has had the most snow days it's ever had in 26 years!  While getting out of school for snow is pretty great when you're a kid...we were pretty bummed that he wasn't going to be able to come home this weekend for President's Day because they have to make up one of their snow days.  :(  Sooo...we're looking forward to March and his 2 week visit for Spring Break.
  • Work has been crazy busy!  We had our TS Team Meeting this week and our counterparts from the Houston Rhodia site came in to visit and set goals for 2011.  It was great to meet people I talk to on an everyday basis and share our experiences in plant life.  
  • My Aunt Faye was given a month left to live. We know she's ready to meet her heavenly Father, but waiting is hard.  Especially after a 10 year battle.  We would appreciate your prayers and thoughts during this difficult time. We pray for peace and an easy passing from this world into the next.
  • Drew is currently building 2 houses.  One for a family who's home burned a few days before Christmas.  Thankfully they made it out safely, but I can only imagine what it's like to watch your home go up in smoke.  The other is a 7,500 square foot home for our cousins Andy & Amber in the Country Club- WOWZERS!!  He has 2 finished and for sale, if case you're looking for a new home!  As far as the flooring store goes, it's steadily growing...so much that we had to buy a fork lift to move flooring! :)
Life is busy, which is a good thing I guess.  I'm off of work Monday for President's Day I plan to spend it working in my yard then sunning with a good book. :)

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment