Saturday, February 5, 2011

Eating Cat Heads

Every weekend Drew and I cook breakfast together.  The center of our breakfast always consist of one thing...homemade biscuits.  I use my Mama's recipe and when you make "drop" biscuits like this they no longer qualify as  your every day biscuit, they become Cat Head biscuits.  Because they are the size of a cat's head!  Whenever I would have a bad day I would call my Mom and she would say, "Come on home, I'll make you some biscuits and gravy."  That is one thing that I miss most since my folks moved, the comfort of home along with the comfort food.  Love you Mama!

Drew is in charge of the sides which sometimes consist of eggs, fried ham, bacon, sausage, or gravy.  This weekend he made deer sausage gravy.  It was de-li-cioso!  Check it out, you're stomach won't want to miss it!


I always make a mess, but it's so worth it!

Wa-la!



I always take half of my biscuit and slather on the gravy.  
Then I use the other half and eat it like this...

With sour cream and homemade sugarcane syrup made by Mr. Jim Jenkins. 
(Just like my Dad eats his.)

Mmm-em-mmm!  I think we'll have breakfast for dinner! I hope you all have a super Super Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment