Sunday, April 22, 2012

Skiing Lake Tahoe

Drew and I went on our first snow skiing trip together two weeks ago and man did we have a blast!  While Drew had been a few times before, it was my first time skiing so the first day we had an instructor who taught me the basics.  I did pretty well on the greens (those are the easy runs for all of you ski bunny virgins out there) then at the end of the day we hit a blue....I must have fallen literally 40 times down the side of that damn mountain!  And I was very frustrated by the time we headed back to the resort.  And sore, oh my gosh I as so sore the next morning.  But we hit the slopes again and I only fell twice all day!  Not too shabby for my second day as a skier.  The weather was perfect for skiing it snowed the whole time we were there so we had fresh powder every morning and it was so cool to sit in a hot tub while the snow came down all around us.  We bought season passes for next year so hopefully we'll get to take little Andrew during his spring break.


The landscape was absolutely beautiful Lake Tahoe looks so out of place.  This bright blue lake set down in the middle of the mountains, truly a sight you should see before you die.  I definitely want to go back during the summer one day and spend some time on the lake.


 Drew, who seems to be naturally good at EVERYTHING, liked taking pictures of me falling.  Trying to stand up on skis is harder than skiing itself!

 "I'll travel the world with you..."

 Nice and toasty!

 Ready for day two!

 Kisses on the Gondola.

 Only my honey can find a hot dog stand on the side of a snow covered mountain. 




 Isn't he just adorable?!









We could have stayed another whole week...that is if we would have had our Jaxy Boy along with us.  We sure did miss him a bunch!  My niece, Aubrey, did a great job house sitting and taking care of Jax and our garden.  Everything was still alive when we got back, can't ask for much more than that! ;)

Sweet Home Baton Rouge.

Next trip:  Destin, FL!



No comments:

Post a Comment