Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend with the Days

I must say this was a terrific three day weekend and I could use a few more of them in my life.  Friday I spent the day shopping with my sister and niece then went out for sushi with my love.  Saturday we spent the day piddling around the house until it was time to go to a dear friend's wedding.  It was a beautiful spring afternoon for an outdoor ceremony.  God was definitely smiling down on Young and Shelby.  It was a perfect Southern wedding between a southern gentlemen and an Asian beauty, under the stately oaks on the family's estate, just wonderful!




 A beautiful Live Oak tree.


What a sunset! 





Today we celebrated Easter with our church family and with our Day family.  Bro. Jay's message was so great and not your typical "Easter Sunday Message."  I thought I would share a few of his key point with you.  


His title for today was, "A Better Life."  Bro. Jay said, "that through Jesus' resurrection power, change is possible in any and all aspects of our lives, but only if we open up to Him.  We can begin to live a better life by doing three things,"


Open Your..
  • Mind to God's Power- Romans 12:2
  • Heart to God's Grace- Romans 3:22
  • Life to God's Love- John 10:10
If you have a few minutes, read these versus and I hope they speak to you in the same way they did me.



Now on to Easter lunch which I'll share with you via photos, it was so delicious!


Cuttin' up some filets
Dad/Chef/Butcher/Builder/Lover/Pilot/etc...he pretty much does it all!

Great fresh salsa made by Jackie  

 Mmmm...beef tenderloin steaks.
Does it get any better?  No ma'am!

 Twice baked potatoes made by Erin

 Orzo pasta salad made by yours truly
(I recreated the Whole Foods version, which I love.
Get the recipe here.)

Fresh spinach and strawberry salad with homemade poppy seed dressing also
made by Jackie.  Two words:  "So go-od."  I'll post the recipe when she sends it to me!

I was so excited about dessert I forgot to take pics, Drew requested homemade coffee ice-cream made by yours truly.  For my first time making coffee ice-cream I'd say it turned out pretty good, especially when paired with Erin's homemade choc-chip cookies, macaroons, and hot fudge!  YUM! 

 Poppie and Carrie

 Jax and Rigby

 Jackie and Nate

 Jax checking Carrie out

 Sweet baby girl.

While I missed my Mom & Dad so much today, I am so blessed to be apart of the Day family also.  There is never a dull moment and I always laugh so much when we are all together; if I have to get wrinkles I'd much rather laughter wrinkles over worry wrinkles!  

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and I hope you all have a truly blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment