Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Projects

First off "How 'bout them Tigahs!"  Man was that defense incredible or what?!  Five, yes that's right FIVE, interceptions!  Mathieu and Peterson are forces to be reckoned with. Drew 'n Crew camped out at LSU Friday night in the RV.  After Britt and I dropped them off we head to Sammy's for dinner.  Yum!  Saturday I was up and headed to the salon for a trial run on my wedding hair style.  I was actually pretty nervous.  Since my hair stylist won't be in Vegas, we had to figure out exactly how I wanted my hair and take lots of pictures.  Michelle put my nerves to rest right away.  My hair turned out great, she made me try on my dress, shoes, and hair accessory, just to make sure I loved it...and I did indeed love it.  After that I picked up Britt and headed to LSU to tailgate!

Now to this weekend's projects.  Drew and I were finally both in town this weekend, and after 4 weekends of travel we had quite a few projects to catch up on. 

Project #1:
I finally put my library light together.
You just gotta love Ikea = a gazillion pieces!

Drew trying out the new camera...we'll work on your photog skills babe. ;)

Only 160 dandelions to put on. 

One down, 159 to go.!

 Finito!

Why did I buy this light?  Notice the shadows on the walls and ceiling.
Love it!

Project #2:

Our cabinet guy, Robbie, finished our outdoor kitchen cabinets.  So Drew took to staining and varnishing them.
It sure is nice have Drew the Builder around. :)

Robbie made these columns by hand-turning them on a large belt sander.  Then he distressed them with nails and all-thread, spray painted them black, sanded the black paint off, and then clear coated them.  The result was pretty impressive!  His carpentry work amazes me.

 Making some very good progress!

Project #3:
We ran out of hardware when we originally hung our shades.  So when Drew and his Dad made a trip to Ikea he picked up the hardware we needed to finish the job.


All in all, I'd say it was a perfect weekend at home, all we needed was our little Bud running around asking questions and lending a little helping hand.  (Sigh.)  But the Tigers won, my house is spic-and-span, and 3 projects on our honey-do-list are completed or underway.  I'm looking forward to many more weekends just like this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment