Monday, September 13, 2010

And the countdown begins...


27 days until our wedding! 
Holy moly!  I can't believe it's getting so close.  I haven't spent a weekend at home in 4 weekends (Nashville, Chicago, Destin, New Orleans) being busy has simply melted the time away!

This past weekend the girls from work treated me to a bachelorette weekend in the French Quarter: Shopping, LSU Football, the Saints, Good Music, Good Food, Fun, and Friends.  I couldn't ask for more!  We went to the delicious Court of Two Sisters for turtle soup, Brennan's for the famous Bananas Foster, and Emeril's Nola for shrimp and grits! 

Our waiter, James, making our Bananas Foster

Thanks Lani, Andrea, and Ashley!  Love y'all! 

Yesterday, Drew and I registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Z Gallerie, and Goodwood Hardware.  I was slightly concerned that Drew was going to be bored within the first 15 minutes...but 3.5 hours later we were leaving BB&B still laughing at each other.  We had so much fun!  Definitely a day we'll smile about in the years to come. :)

My dress is finished and it is amazing!  I can't wait to post pictures after 10/10/10.  It is truly me and perfect for my Vegas wedding.  I have a trial hair appointment Saturday to figure out how I want to style my hair.  My friend Sherry Brown designed my beautiful hair accessory from a blue vintage brooch that matches my shoes-my engagement ring was hidden in one of her Urban Kitty handbags, so it only seemed appropriate to have her talents be apart of another day to never forget!

My friends and family are also gearing up for the big day!  The girls are getting their "Vegas Wedding" outfits together and the guys could of course care less and are preparing to simply "Take on Vegas" so to speak. ;) 

You wouldn't guess this was Drew's second wedding.  He get's excited about the things that I would think wouldn't be exciting a second time, but he still surprises me!  Pick out his wedding ring, guest lists, menus, decorations...He was strutting around in his tux like he was going to be on the cover of GQ, it makes my heart smile to see him so at ease and happy!  Normally, I have to remind him 1,000 times to do something but when it comes to our wedding he's on top of everything.  "Done."  "I got it." "Check."  He even found the venue for our post-wedding dinner all by himself. :)  Since our engagment everything has been falling right into place and I am so thankful for that.  I can't help but think,
"This is exactly how things are supposed to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment