Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Love's Birthday

Today is Drew's birthday!  29!  I can't believe it's been 10 years since we first met. 

I can still remember passing him in the quad at LSU on my way to calculus class thinking, "Man he looks familiar.  I think that was a porcupine from high school."  Porcupines were what my friend Dara and I nicknamed boys who spiked their hair up with gobs of gel. Ha Ha!  The style was just catching on and needless to say we loved it simply because it was going against the norm.  I saw Drew again a few days later in a Physics study group, where we caught each other's eyes a few times.  I lived on campus at the time and my roomie Allison and I were studying together when our dorm phone rang and the caller ID said Day, Andrew...that's when it all hit me as to exactly who this certain porcupine was!  He did graduate from my high school, he was cute, he had the dreamiest blue eyes I'd ever seen, and he drove a yellow '69 Stingray!  What more could an 18 year old college girl be looking for!?  Turns out he looked me up in LSU's online student directory to get my number...can you say stalker?! (Just kidding babe!)  He asked me if I wanted to study with him for our next Physics test, of course I agreed.  It was definitely the first study group I'd ever been to that featured homemade seafood pasta and red wine, and somehow we both managed to get A's on our physics test! Ha Ha! 

Man, 10 years seems so long ago and yet so short at the same time.  We have definitely made some priceless memories together some wonderful, some sad, and some that were tough learning experiences.  Even when we were apart we were always on each other's minds.  I am so thankful God put us on the same path in life and I am so grateful for this day 29 years ago.  Who knew that Andrew Byron Day III would one day become the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 

"You are the best thing that has ever been mine."

Happy Birthday, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment