Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo!

 Every time I drive up to our new home I have to pinch myself to make sure I haven't become part of a Disney movie!  I'm pretty sure we're in a construction fairytale...I mean 11 weeks and here we are!  11 weeks, it still sounds crazy!

Drew has been working from sun-up to sun-down, and is even building in his sleep!

Our driveway was poured today.  Drew 'N Crew worked in the ridiculous heat and 125% humidity yesterday getting the form finished for our 6am pour time. 

Now the landscaping fun can begin!  Thankfully my green-thumbed Mama is coming down in a few weeks to be my project manager (and to steal all my Andrew kisses!)

This was our last bathroom to be tiled.  The reflection from my flash shows the metallic marbling in the tile.  Also in this bathroom will be pendant lighting, the metal vanity Rick and Drew built with a butcher block top, and a black glass vessel sink.  This is my kinda bathroom, FLASHY!

 The Man Cave has it's first coat of color.

The cypress planks for our floors came in yesterday....

 and today they were able to start installing it! 

Drew and his dad made a flying trip back to Ikea last night to scoop up a few more light fixtures and cabinet hardware.  As well as Poppy and Willie's red kitchen Ikea cabinets and butcher block counter tops for the "fishin' camp" in Bay St. Louis. :)  Hopefully BP won't be raining on our fishing parade when it's finished.

This weekend come rain or oil sheen we'll be enjoying a much needed break on the white sand beaches of Destin.  Ahhhhh!  I can hear the waves already.  


No comments:

Post a Comment