Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Like a Fish to Water

Today, Andrew started swimming lessons!  He was pretty nervous/excited about it, but he was a big boy and when they called his name marched off to meet his teachers....then about 3/4 of the way to his group he turned around and did the "bird run" back to give us goodbye kisses.  I guess his teacher, Miss Courtney, felt a tug at her heart strings (I mean how could you not) because as we were leaving she caught us and said that they don't normally let parents stay but we could stay and watch from the observatory upstairs.  So of course we stayed!  We snuck upstairs to watch our little man.  He did great, of course!  He was so brave, he kicked hard and straight, let Mr. Steven dunk him, and even put his head underwater to blow bubbles.  There we're only 3 kids in his class and two teachers so he got plenty on one on one instruction.  Drew and I can't wait to see his improvement in 8 days.  When his class was over, he wanted to stay just a little bit longer...whew what a relief!  We are so glad he liked it!

On our way home he was of course starving!  He ate two ribs, a piece of pizza, a half link of sausage, a whole plum, two pieces of sugar toast (thanks Aub for creating a sugar toast monster!), a root beer, and finally before bed a mini-chocolate milk protein shake!  Holy moly!

Tangent Notice:  While he was eating his ribs, Andrew asked where the "stick" came from in the meat.  I half laughed (not sure how he was going to take the next tid-bit of info) and told him that it was a bone, a pork rib bone.  "What's pork?" A pig, and I showed him where his ribs were.  He looked at Drew and I for a minute and then busted out laughing, "Ahhhahaha! You mean I'm a meat eater?!  A meat eater like T-Rex?!  I can't believe it, I ate a chicken and a pig today!  Hey Dad, can I eat another pig rib?! Ahahhaha!"  

We're still laughing about it now...man I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment