Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You act just like your Dad!!

Drew and I both act a lot like our dads, so this is a statement/exclamatory that is said ALOT in our household. :)  And what do we both say in response?  "Thank you!"  This is definitely one of my favorite compliments. 

Drew and I not only act like our dads we also look like them!



(2 & 3 have both cut their hair since this picture.)

Reason number 713,475 of Why I Love Drew Day:  He is an amazing, patient, loving, and caring Daddy.  So for Fathers' Day gifts Andrew and I went to paint pottery for both Drew and Poppy.




At first Andrew had "artist block" and couldn't decide what to paint. So I asked him what his favorite times have been with his Daddy and with Poppy.
"Um, with my Daddy I like...I like just to be with him. So I guess I'll draw me and him on this one. And then with Poppy I like to go fishing, but you'll have to help me 'cause I can't draw a boat."
No Problem-o!

Andrew's imagination is really starting to take off!  We had so much fun painting!  He was very adamant about doing everything himself (except the boat), he even had to include "lures" on his and Poppy's fishing poles.  He's all about details!

Andrew and I woke up and got breakfast going Fathers' Day morning. When Drew came into the room Andrew screamed as loud as he could "Happy Fathers' Day!!!"

Of course my Bud had to "help" his Daddy open his present, he was so excited!

"I made it all by myself, just for you!  This is me with the yellow hair and that's you with no hair!"
Oh the things kids say. :)

Thank you, Love you kisses.


Between my own Pops, Drew, and Andrew I have some pretty amazing, talented, loving, heartwarming men in my life and I thank God everyday for them. 

God has blessed me with an incredible Dad, from whom I have acquired many similar qualities-not just the nose and ankles!- but the ones that really count: loyalty, honesty, leadership, steadfast, and strength.  But above all he has given me the foundation to trust, depend, and live with a faith in God, and what could a father give that is better than that?

- Little Larry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment